Help Close By is a charity that provides an app and a system so that people in need can make requests for help without having to know the contact details and processes of a local organisation that can fulfil those requests. The app and system provide the means for local organisations to identify and fulfil requests from local people through their volunteers. There are three versions of the app and system – one for making requests, one for the organisations that could fulfil those requests and one for the volunteers that would make the delivery.
By continuing to use the app/system, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out below.
All users, whatever their role, acknowledge and agree the following:
- You agree not to use the Help Close By app or system for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause.
- You further agree not to use the app/system:
- To harass, abuse or threaten any other person or otherwise violate another person’s legal rights;
- To violate any intellectual property rights of Help Close By or any third party;
- To commit any kind of fraud;
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
- Unauthorised use by you of the Help Close By app/system may be a criminal offence and may give rise to a claim for damages.
Help Close By allows you to make requests for help. You agree that you will use the app/system as often as you need to but no more than this.
Compliance with Local Organisation Policies
Requests made using the Help Close By app/system are forwarded to local charitable or not-for-profit organisations who will then determine whether they can fulfil your request. Local organisations have their own policies or procedures to determine what requests they can fulfil. Help Close By is not responsible for these policies. You agree that, once you have been made aware of any policies that limit the nature and amount of the requests for help that you make, that you will comply with them.
Help may be limited and it may not be possible to fulfil your request
The Help Close By app/system will forward your request to other organisations if the first organisation that receives your request cannot fulfil it; however, you agree that Help Close By can never guarantee that your request for help will be fulfilled.
Volunteer compliance with Local Organisation Policies
All volunteer users of the Help Close By app/system acknowledge and agree that they will abide by the policies of the local organisation through which they were registered with the app/system.
All volunteer users of the Help Close By app/system acknowledge and agree that they are familiar with their organisation’s policies on safety and data protection and that they will comply with these policies at all times when using the Help Close By app/system.
- The Help Close By app/system is owned by Help Close By (Registered Charity 1190642) and/or is licensed to Help Close By. This includes, but is not limited to, the contents, layout, design, colours, appearance, graphics and imagery of the app/system, as well as copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property contained in the app/system (hereinafter, “Help Close By IP”).
- You hereby acknowledge that Help Close By owns all of the intellectual property rights in the app/system and that nothing in these terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property from Help Close By to you.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree not to use any Help Close By IP for any unlawful or infringing purpose.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree not to reproduce or distribute the Help Close By IP in any way, including electronically or via registration of new trademarks, trade names, service marks, or Uniform Resource Locators (URL) without express written permission from Help Close By.
- All of the provisions in the clause in relation to “Intellectual Property” shall survive any termination of these terms.
Reverse Engineering and Security
- You agree not to reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer, or disassemble any code or software from the Help Close By app/system.
- You agree not to violate the security of the Help Close By app/system through any unauthorised access, circumvention of encryption or any other security tools, data mining or any interference with any host, user or network.
Help Close By reserves the right to review any allegations about breaches of these terms, and determine in Help Close By’s sole discretion, whether to take any action in response to those alleged breaches, including removing all access to the Help Close By app/system.
You can contact Help Close By about these terms.
Address: Loft 9, Camden Lofts, Camden Street, Birmingham, B1 3DT.